The Statutes of AIM were established in 1966 (see printed text in Ius Proprium Confoederationis Benedictinae, 1985), revised in 1996, 2002 et 2003 and submitted to the approval of the Council and the Abbots’ Congress in 2004.
THE AIM COUNCIL:
• It is kept informed of, discerns with and accompanies monastic communities in their daily life and development
• An annual two-day meeting takes place each year in a different country in order to make the work of AIM known and understood by the monasteries in the region.
Abtprimas Gregory Polan OSB; Dom Mauro-Giuseppe Lepori (General Abbot of OCist); Dom Eamon Fitzgerald (General Abbot of OCSO) or Dom Timothy Kelly OCSO; Sr Lynn McKenzie OSB (moderatrix CIB); Fr William Skudlarek OSB (Director of DIM); Abt Jeremias Schröder OSB; Abt Maksymilian Robert Nawara OSB; Abt Maximilian Neulinger OSB; Abt Vincent Bataille OSB; Sr Adélaida Ygrubay OSB; Sr Metilda George, OSB; Sr Ann Hoffman OSB (Executive Director) AIM USA; Prior Gregor Brazerol OSB; Abbot Guillermo Arboleda OSB; Abbot Armand Veilleux OCSO; Prior Peter Egwrugjakpor, OSB; Abbot Jean-Pierre Longeat OSB (President of AIM); Sr Christine Conrath OSB (Secretariat of AIM).
THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE:
• Delegated by the Council to make decisions concerning the requests made by the General Secretariat at and discussed by the International Team.
• It meets twice yearly , in May and November.
Members: A nun (Sr Adelaida Ygrubay OSB); a Cistercian monk (Abbot Armand Veilleux OCSO); a Benedictine monk (Abbot Jeremias Schroeder OSB); the President of AIM (Abbot Jean-Pierre Longeat OSB) and the Secretary (Sr Christine Conrath).
THE INTERNATIONAL TEAM:
• It is a consultative body composed of members chosen by the President. They take a personal interest in the life and development of monasteries on specific continents, know the communities well, visit them frequently and keep in touch on a regular basis. They also encourage collaboration and meetings between monasteries.
• 4 or 5 meetings are planned each year.
Members: Fr Mark Butlin OSB; Dom Geraldo Gonzalez y Lima OSB; Abbot Paul Stonham OSB; Dom Armand Veilleur OCSO; Sr Placid Dolores OSB; Sr Christine Conrath OSB.
• This is the central body of AIM, coordinating the collection and distribution of funds and all the requests that are made. At its headquarters take place the meetings of the Bulletin Committee, the International Team, the Executive Committee and the Association of the Friends of the Monasteries (AMTM).
• The work of the Secretariat lies essentially with the Secretaries who manage the finances of AIM, supervised by a Finance Manager.
• He coordinates every aspect of the work of AIM. He represents AIM at all meetings to do with AIM as well as the organizing the Bulletin and the Website. He takes part in most of national and international monastic meetings. He is responsible for all this to the Abbot Primate and the AIM Council.
• His mandate is for a period of five years and is renewable. The decision rests with the Abbot Primate after consultation with the other Orders and the Synod of Abbot Presidents.