Philippines - Benedictine-Cistercian Convention of Mindanao (MBCC)
Project 6591 - Meeting of Superiors
The MBCC is a gathering of all the Benedictine and Cistercian communities in Mindanao, of which there are at present ten communities:
1. Trappist monks of Guimaras, Iloilo City
2. Trappist nuns of Polomolok, General Santos City
3. Benedictine nuns of the Eucharistic King, Cogon-Digos City
4. Benedictine sisters of the Eucharistic King, Ulas, Davao City.
5. Benedictine monks of St Ottilien, Digos City
6. Benedictine monks of Malaybalay, Subiaco Congregation, Bikidnon City
7. Benedictine Missionary Sisters of Tutzing (Mati and Marihatag)
8. Benedictine nuns of the Mother of the Church, Malaybalay, Bukidnon
9. Benedictine nuns of Saint Anne, Linamon
10. Benedictine sisters of Lipa, Batangas City
They meet once a year to listen to conferences given by an invited speaker and to discuss monastic life and make suggestions to help in the situation of poverty, powerlessness, cultural alienation and moral depravity, economic and political instability of Philippine society and the Church. When possible they make cultural visits to places near their meeting.
The next meeting will occur 23-26 May, 2019, at the Abbey of the Transfiguration, Malaybalay. The speaker will be Dom Edouardo Africa, abbot of the monastery of Malaybalay.
Requested amount: € 1,700